Monday, January 27, 2014

Why did I get a rabbit?

My first rabbit was a Santee Alley bunny.  I bought the bunny as an impulse buy. I went to the pet store to buy the cage, food, hay, food/water bowls, and toys. I was so happy to have a bunny because I never had one, so once I got home I did a lot of research on how to take care of a rabbit. But, sadly the next day he past away because I didn't know he was only a few weeks old. If you guys don't know about Santee Alley bunnies, these vendors sell underaged bunnies that are around 2 weeks of age and some haven't opened their eyes yet. These vendors will advertise them and mislead people that they are "dwarf" bunnies and they're 2-3 months of age already.  It was so heartbreaking because he/she was so young, cute, and innocent, even though I only had him/her for a day losing him/her was like losing a piece of my heart. 




Then we bought Mochi from a pet store. Someone convinced me that rabbits are happier in pairs so we bought Milk from a breeder.  Then I wanted more and bought Marshmallow and Penelope also from a breeder. I thought I was set w/ my 4 rabbits, but a fellow schoolmate contacted me and asked if I wanted to keep his rabbit because he couldn't keep it anymore. What did I say? Sure why not? :) I named this little guy Munchkin. I didn't want Munchkin to feel left out because everyone else had a bonded mate, so we decided to adopt Léon from Bunny Bunch Fountain Valley where I volunteer at the moment.

Now I'm a crazy bunny lady :)



Mochi. Lionhead lop. Sweet. Loves to be petted. Homebody. Lazy. Crazy for bananas and pellets. Loves cilantro & parsley.


Milk. My daughter named her Milk. Holland Lop. Shy. Alpha male. Protector. Kind. Loves spooning.


Marshmallow. Holland Lop. Hates to be carried. Not friendly. Loves Penelope. Socially awkward. Cute.


Penelope. Holland Lop. Loves giving kisses. Treat snatcher. Enjoys to be cuddled. Sweet. Loves any kind of fruits.


Munchkin. Netherland Dwarf. Brave. Cute. Sweet. Loves to be carried. High Jumper. Loves alfalfa pellets. Anti-social.


Léon. Lionhead. Sweet. Nice. Gives kisses. Hopper. Loves to cuddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment